11 November 2011

35/35/15-50

35/35/15-50

Nope, it's not CrossFit jargon. Or my measurements (well... if you took out the 15. Yikes! Maybe I shouldn't make fun of CrossFit.).

It's a goal.

My 40th birthday passed in the fog of a sinus infection, annoying and uncomfortable yet providing a certain soothing insulation from CERTAIN BIG QUESTIONS, contemplations, regrets. But one wiggled through: There's not enough time and money for me to go everywhere while I'm still healthy enough to do so.

I have to make this happen.

35 unique countries in 35 years, from the age of 15 to 50.

Fuzhou Train Station

Luckily, and with deep gratitude, I'm already half-way to my goal:

  1. Belgium
  2. Bulgaria
  3. Canada
  4. China
  5. Denmark
  6. England
  7. France
  8. Georgia
  9. Germany
  10. Ireland
  11. Italy
  12. Mexico
  13. Netherlands
  14. Nigeria
  15. Russia
  16. Sweden
  17. Switzerland
  18. Turkey
  19. Vatican City
What's next? 16 countries in the remaining 10 years. Somehow.

Christmas in Spain (20.) near Barcelona with my brother, within easy driving distance of Andorra (21.).  And in 2012, I'm going to try hard to get to Cuba (22.).

Wish me luck!

**Update 12/1/11: After a thoughtful debate over Thanksgiving dinner, JW and Brice convinced me I can in fact count Hong Kong separately. Yay for intelligent friends with minds like lawyers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment